By default, shifts are turned off in Beacon and a Monday - Friday schedule is assumed. If different schedules are needed, shifts can be enabled to group users and make sure that recurring audits are not assigned on non-working days.
ATTENTION! User's shifts are checked when repeat is set to 'Daily', for audits being assigned Weekly, Monthly or Yearly Shift working day settings are not considered.
- Click to add a new shift.
- Enter a name for the shift.
- Enter a description for the shift.
- Select the start date for the shift cycle - this will typically be a Sunday and should always be a day prior to the current date.
- Set the number of days in the cycle. For a standard work week this number is 7, however if a modified shift schedule is being utilized that spans multiple weeks (e.g. the Dupont Schedule) this number can be extended out, to a maximum of 35 days.
- Using the calendar, select the days that this shift works. Working days are highlighted in blue. The set schedule will recur on the number of days in cycle.
- Click to save and create the shift.
- Click on the name of the shift.
- Edit the Name, Description, Cycle start date, Number of Days in Cycle, or worked days as desired.
- Click to save.
- Clicking on will display a list of all created shifts and their days worked.
- This display allows a quick visual check to ensure shift coverage is appropriate.